So you have your web application built in Visual Studio on Windows 10. You run your application locally and it works. Now you want to ship it to your client to test – remotely. It doesn’t work because IIS Express would not allow remote access.
- Edit your applicationhost.config and set
<binding protocol="http" bindingInformation="*:58938:192.168.1.42" />
- netsh http add urlacl url=http://192.168.1.42:58938/ user=everyone
- netsh advfirewall firewall add rule name="IISExpressWeb" dir=in protocol=tcp localport=58938 profile=private remoteip=localsubnet action=allow
Let me tell you – this approach did NOT work for me. This is what works for me:
- Make sure you have Node.js installed.
- Download and install iisexpress-proxy via Node. Installation instructions are on the page.
There you have it. Enjoy showing your web application to the world.