In this post, I will highlight some of the courses you can take at BCIT to level up your skills for a solid career in the fire protection industry.
Firstly, these are some of the basic courses to get you started in the industry:
- OCHS 1410 – Fire Extinguisher Service Technician
Link – https://www.bcit.ca/study/courses/ochs1410
- FIRE 2084 – Fire Alarm Systems: Inspection and Testing
Link – https://www.bcit.ca/study/courses/fire2084
- FIRE 2088 – Special Fire Suppression Systems
Link – https://www.bcit.ca/study/courses/fire2088
- FIRE 2077 – Emergency Lighting Systems
Link – https://www.bcit.ca/study/courses/fire2077
- FIRE 1075 – BC Fire Code 1
Link – https://www.bcit.ca/study/courses/fire1075
In conclusion, you can take the following course to deepen your understanding in fire protection inspection and testing.
- FIRE 1050 – Electrical and Electronics for Fire Protection Inspection
Link – https://www.bcit.ca/study/courses/fire1050