Today I was working on having custom type for settings in C# and I couldn’t see my type when I browsed for it in the Settings.settings visual designer in Visual Studio 2008.
I was able to get round the problem following the steps below:
1. Open your Settings.settings visual designer in Visual Studio.
2. Click on the dropdown for Type.
3. Click Browse… in the dropdown.
4. In Selected type: paste your full namespace. E.g. MyCompanyName.Project.SubProject.CustomType
5. Click OK and now you should have your custom type in your application settings.
If this help saves just one person some time, I’ll be happy!
Have a good day.